From 27 July 2020, the truck stopping bay (960) on the Bruce Highway, south of Mount Alma Road, will be temporarily closed for upgrade works.
As part of the Bruce Highway rest areas and safety upgrade, the stopping bay will become a truck rest area. The stopping bay will be sealed, and new toilets and shaded benches will be installed. The new truck rest area will be open in December 2020.
Nearest safe stops during works/temporary closure:
Travelling north towards Rockhampton, your nearest safe stop is at Mount Larcom (approximately 10km).
Travelling south towards Brisbane, your nearest safe stops are at Calliope Historical Village (approximately 16km) and Calliope (approximately 24km)
Download the free RestSpace app to find, rate and add rest areas across the state. RestSpace features a database of about 2000 Queensland rest stops and a GPS routable base map.
Other features of the app include:
– GPS co-ordinates to locate specific rest areas, which can be used in external GPS devices.
– An estimated time of arrival to rest areas.
– Filtered search capability for particular rest areas based on amenities.
– Bookmarking capability to save favourite rest stops.
– Reviews and ratings about rest areas for other heavy vehicle users.
– Driver feedback for users to suggest improvements to the quality and accuracy of information available about the rest areas.
For the latest information on road closures and traffic conditions across Queensland, view the Conditions of Operations Database on the TMR website www.tmr.qld.gov.au, visit QLDTraffic website www.qldtraffic.qld.gov.au, download the QLD Traffic app or phone 13 19 40 for further assistance.