The NSW Government has set up a bushfire customer care service to people and businesses. Customers are being offered ongoing support to navigate the recovery process by a Service NSW customer care specialist. In addition, a Business Concierge has been set up specifically to help small business operators.
Types of assistance available include:
- Accommodation advice
- Relevant charitable services
- Mental health and wellbeing services
- Support for businesses
- Clean-up services
- Financial assistance
- Grants and rebates
- Insurance and legal support
- Replacing lost ID
- Volunteer RFS and SES payments.
The customer will need to:
- Contact Service NSW online, in person or over the phone
- Answer some questions on how they have been impacted by the fires and what help they need.
Customers are encouraged to call Service NSW on 13 77 88, see a customer care specialist in a Bushfire Recovery Centre, Service NSW Centre or Mobile Service Centre, or go to service.nsw.gov.au.