The National Heavy Vehicle Regulator (NHVR) has revamped its online Chain of Responsibility (CoR) Gap assessment tool to assist road transport operators to examine their current safety systems compliance with their CoR obligations.
The Gap Assessment Tool includes a number of new features, including:
- New bus-specific version to provided targeted guidance for the bus industry
- Simplified recommendations which link to NVHR resources, website information, and external material such as the Load Restraint Guide and the Master Industry Code of Practice
- Links to relevant National Heavy Vehicle Accreditation Scheme material
- New easier-to-read format
- Links to quick briefs and relevant sections of Heavy Vehicle National Law.
The re-launched Gap Assessment Tool has been simplified and now includes a number of relevant questions which can be completed in less than 15 minutes and links to the additional support information such as the NHVR’s Safety Management System material and the Master Industry Code of Practice.
To use the updated tool visit www.nhvr.gov.au/gap-assessment-tool