The NSW Government has extended the suspension of curfews, permitting shops and retailers to receive deliveries of essential goods 24 hours a day until March 2021.
COVID-19 testing sites
From Monday 28 September additional freight worker COVID-19 testing sites will open at Narrabarba and Forbes, providing five locations within NSW on major highways where heavy vehicle drivers can undertake COVID-19 testing.
Testing locations and operating hours are:
- Narrabarba rest area, Princes Highway. Open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Forbes Caltex Service Centre, Newell Highway. Open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Narrandera Roadhouse, Newell Highway. Open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Tarcutta truck change over yard, Sydney Street, off Hume Highway. Open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Taree Service Centre, Pacific Highway. Open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Each of these sites will provide a Telehealth service when testing sites are not staffed. Telehealth involves off-site medical staff supporting heavy vehicle drivers to carry out their COVID tests.
Heavy vehicle drivers can contact medical staff via video using their own device and will be supervised and supported while they take a test themselves.